2020 has brought an exciting element to our Gospel@Center community. Our first group has been great fun as we have learned together and explored what it means to be a gospel-centered leader.
We will create another group for the second half of the year. This group will focus on leading gospel-centered kids’ ministry and will be affordable, highly personal, highly practical, and highly interactive. Read Jenny’s words below to learn what the group is all about and apply at the bottom of this post.
In 2008 I joined Infuse, Jim Wideman’s mentoring group, and God used it to radically change my ministry. I am certainly no Bro. Jim, but after twenty years in children’s ministry, I am passionate about sharing with others what God has taught me. I have had awesome opportunities helping Jim coach other groups as well as coaching for INCM at the Children’s Pastors’ Conference and for Revitalize Network. I love working with kidmin leaders who are passionate about what they do, and desire a safe place to vent, brainstorm, and problem solve. I know firsthand the challenges that come with leading volunteers, parents, and kids every single week. I love the opportunity to help leaders work through the challenges they face so that they can be more effective in sharing the gospel with kids.
What is involved?
- Highly personal – The coaching group size is limited so that we can really focus on building relationship, plus each member will have text/email access for anytime questions. Coaching will include two individual chats, one at the beginning of the process and one towards the end to set and evaluate personalized six month goals.
- Highly practical – I have been in the trenches of kidmin for twenty years and still am. I value being open and authentic as well as exploring realistic solutions for ministry issues. I’ve served in both larger and smaller churches and currently serve in an established church that is helping revitalize other churches. I get real ministry life in real churches.
- Highly interactive – Connect with other kidmin leaders to share ideas, learn new things, and have a safe place to share. We will connect via one group video call per month, which will be a combination of teaching and lots of discussion that will carry over into an online discussion group.
- Affordable – My passion is making coaching and training available for any kidmin, despite the size of your budget or church. This six month coaching group will be less than the price of going to a conference, and a lot more personalized.
Who should participate?
If you fit into any of these categories, you should consider joining the group:
- Leaders who are new to kidmin
- Leaders who are facing a new season in kidmin
- Leaders in a smaller church or campus context
- Leaders who are desiring to move to a new level in ministry
- Leaders who feel like they still have a lot to learn
- Leaders who feel isolated and alone in ministry
- Leaders who are looking for a community in which to grow personally and spiritually.
What will be covered?
Each topic will be approached from a framework with the gospel at the center. Areas of focus include:
- Leading You
- Defining Your Gospel-Centered Ministry
- Leading Kids
- Structuring Your Ministry
- Partnering with Parents
When does it start?
The group will run June – December of 2020.
What does it cost?
The coaching group costs $450 for a six month commitment. This can be broken into monthly payments. The first $100 will be required as a deposit to reserve your spot.
Interested but the cost is prohibitive? Email to discuss options.
I’m in. What next?
Fill out this short app: